Sunday 14 April 2013

The first pair of socks.


Yesterday I finally finished knitting my first pair of socks. They are for a friend's birthday (it's not until May, how organised am I?) and I used a pattern from a book that she got me a couple of years ago. It is a really easy pattern, they're 'tube socks' so no heal to turn. They are knitted in rib (k2 p1) so nice and stretchy. I can't remember where I got the wool from, but I had some sock wool in my wool box, no idea what I had planned for it (socks??) but I have it years so it's nice to get it used. I do have a small amount of left over wool so it may become socks or gloves for a small person. I do know lots of small people.

I am already half way through my next project, some very cute rabbit mittens for a small person's first birthday in June.



2 comments: